22nd January 2017
22 things my Mum has taught me in 22 years
This is a shout out to all the Mum’s out there!
But particularly, I’m feeling the love right now for my own Mum.
She’s not only my mum, but she’s my best friend and more than ever her advice and support has been amazing.
Here’s 22 things my mum has taught me in 22 years, and I’m sure I’ll learn much more from her in the years to come…
- Friends and boyfriends may come and go, but family is forever.
- Everything happens for a reason.
- Always make your packed lunch straight after dinner, because it saves you money and once it’s done, it’s done.
- Don’t worry about what people think of you. If they’re really your friends, they will like you for who you are.
- Always go with your gut feeling. If something doesn’t feel right, it probably isn’t.
- The 80’s is the best decade for music. Especially if it’s Rick Astley.
- Dress in what makes you feel comfortable. Don’t worry if it’s a bigger size than usual. Embrace your size.
- You’re never too old to need your mum’s help.
- Everything will be okay in the end. If it’s not okay, it’s not the end.
- Life is too short to be unhappy.
- Nothing that’s handed in a silver platter is worth having and nothing worth having will be handed to you. You’ve got to work hard for things worth having.
- It’s perfectly acceptable to come home from work and get straight into your pyjamas.
- You can never have enough wine.
- Don’t wish your life away, because you’ll soon look back and wish you never did.
- If a boy doesn’t treat you with affection, then he’s not worth your affection.
- If you think you don’t need a jacket, always bring one just incase.
- Always go to the toilet before you leave, even if you don’t think you need to go.
- It’s okay to make mistakes. Just don’t make the same mistakes again!
- Always take your makeup off before bed.
- Sometimes you can’t please everyone. Sometimes you have to accept that and move on.
- Your Dad is the only man you can really depend on.
- The Read’s always win.
Thank you Mum.
For being the best hugger, supporter, advice giver, food maker, wine drinking partner and for being the best mum someone could ask for.
Appreciate your mum’s. You only have one!