One of the things I get asked a lot is: What is there to do in Northamptonshire?
Well… I finally did it! I put together a list of 100 fun things to do in Northamptonshire!
It’s a whole a mixture of fun eats and navigations in the area, from free things like going for a walk around Delapré Abbey and photographing The Guildhall, to things you pay for like Afternoon Tea at Highgate House Hotel and grabbing a burger at Franks Hamburger House.
This is a complete guide for when you’re feeling stuck on what to do, or you’re looking to tick off lots of different local eats and navigations
I really enjoyed putting this list together because it let me reminisce about all the things I’ve done, which took me back to when we first moved to Northamptonshire and how we had a natural curiosity to explore the area.
I am already working on 100 free things you must do in Northamptonshire list, so stay tuned!
But for now, here are 30 out of 100 fun things to help you get started:
- Eat a Northampton Brunchie from The Little Bakery of Happiness
- Explore Rockingham Castle
- Shop independent at Nene Court
- Watch a show at Royal & Derngate
- Do a Northampton Walking Tour
- Play Golf at Whittlebury Park
- Take a walk past the canal boats at Stoke Bruene
- Pop into MOOCH
- Eat Surf ‘n’ Turf street food at Pinch My Bun
- Visit the Market Square Northampton
- Eat Street Food at BiteStreet NN
- Visit Rushden Lakes
- Attend Pride Northampton
- Explore Althorp House
- Watch the British Grand Prix at Silverstone Circuit
- Take a tour and eat afternoon tea at 78 Derngate
- Walk the Catanger Llamas
- Go for a walk around Delapré Abbey
- Hunt for treasure in Brackley Antique Cellar
- Go shopping at Heart of the Shires Shopping Village
- Eat and shop cheese at St Giles Cheese
- Drink ale and go for a brewery tour at The Albion Brewery
- See the meerkats & botanical gardens at Castle Ashby Gardens
- Watch a Northampton Saints Rugby game
- Watch a Northampton Town Football game
- Soak up the history at Abington Park Museum
- Go thrifting at Age UK Northants
- Go for Bottomless Sunday Brunch at Old Market Inn Kettering
- Go for a Distillery tour at Warner’s
- Go ice skating at Beckworth Emporium at Christmas
Want more fun things to do?
If you’re looking to complete 100 fun things in Northamptonshire, I have designed a lovely PDF that consists of a full tick list!
All you have to do is sign up to my mailing list and it will be delivered straight to your inbox!